Constellation: Aur
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
This is the first time I have viewed this object since I purchased this scope.
I was expecting M37 to be very dim since my current scope has a longer focal
length and less aperture than my last one. I was surprised. Maybe 25 or a few
more stars were clearly visible. I understand there is some disagreement about
the color of the star at the center of this cluster. My vote is for orange or
even slightly red. I would swear that the object brightened when I changed
from 50x to 100x but that could just be my imagination.

--
Optional related URLs: