(IAAC) Obj: M88, SN1999cl - Inst: 17.5" f/4.5 Dobsonian

Observer: Lew Gramer
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 04/05 June 1999  0300 UT
Location of site: Myles Standish State Forest, MA, USA (Lat 42N, Elev 5m)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 6.4 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 6 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 17.5" f/4.5 Dobsonian
Magnification: 125x, 220x, 285x
Filter(s): None
Object(s): M88, SN1999cl
Object category: Galaxy. Supernova.
Object class: SA(rs)bc I, SN type Ia
Constellation: Com
Object data: mag 9.63, 14.2  size 6.92x3.72
Position: 123159.6+142512
--
Dave, we saw the SN Friday night (4Jun) from Myles Standish State Forest
in S MA. The site is pretty dark, but it was a hazy night, best estimate