(IAAC) Obj: NGC 4565 - Inst: 10" LX200, F/10

----

Observer: Jeffrey Edmonds
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 01:03 CT, 14 June 1999
Location of site: Konza Prairie, Kansas (Lat 39.06, Elev )
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 8.5 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 10" LX200, F/10
Magnification: x96-x147
Filter(s):
Object(s): NGC 4565
Category: External galaxy.
Class: Sb
Constellation: Com
Data: mag 9.6  size 15.5'x1.9'
Position: RA 12:36  DEC +25:596
Very nice edge-on. Could barely discern the dust lane. I sketched the dust
lane not remembering one was supposed to be there (it's nice when
observations of that type are trusted and rewarded). Dew was starting to win
over the shield and I had no dryer so its brightness way probably
considerably lessened. Will have to have another look.
--
Optional related URLs: