Constellation: Chameleon
Data: mag ?  size ?
Position: RA 9:20.59  DEC -77:17
E3 is a very faint globular cluster, it appears as a 3' diffuse patch
of sky just brighter than the background sky.  I first located the
globular with averted vision using a chart printed from mega star.
Once found I was able to hold the cluster with direct vision. There
was no central condensation and it did not resolve at all. No stars
were superimposed over the cluster either. The cluster had an even
surface brightness all be it quite low. The edges of the cluster were
diffuse due to its low surface brightness.
--
Optional related URLs: