Hope you don't mind the repost!  -Lew Gramer]

Observer: Barbara Wilson, Jay McNeil
Your skills: Advanced (many years)
Date/time of observation: 2-15-97 1:10 Local
Location of site: Columbus TX USA (Lat 30oN, Elev )
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 7 of 10(?)
Seeing: 7 of 10(?)
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 20" f/4 dobsonian
Magnification: 450x
Filter(s): none
Object(s): Pyxis Globular Cluster
Category: Extragalactic glob.
Class:
Constellation: Pyx
Data: mag 12.9, 17.5 (stars)  size 2' (catalog), 1' (reported)
Position: RA 9:07:57  Dec -37:10
>Has anyone observed it from Continental US or similar latitudes?

Lew,
Jay McNeil and I observed the Pyxis Globular a couple of years ago
from Columbus Texas in my 20".  And it has been observed from the
Winter Star Party in the Florida Keys as well. My notes from 2-15-97
at 1:10 AM on a night of 7 of 10 seeing conditions indicate it was
faint but clearly visible as a round evenly illuminated 1' glow with
no resolution even at 450 power in my 20" f/4.  It is enclosed within
a sideways "V" shaped asterism of stars. Listed magnitude is 12.9.
The horizontal branch magnitude of the stars is 19.25 and as you
mentioned Lew, the brightest star is 17.5.  -Barbara Wilson