Constellation: sgr
Data: mag 16.0  size 0.2'?
Position: RA 18:01.38  DEC -26:50.23
Terzan 9 appeared as a 1' very faint hazy patch of sky, just visible above the
sky background. The low surface brightness made it difficult to see any detail
in the cluster. A 16th magnitude star lies on the northern edge of the cluster
No other stars were visible about the cluster. Increasing the magnifaction
allowed the cluster to be held with direct vision more easily. The cluster was
not visible through the 14" mask, but I will try again as I have heard of it
being done. The cluster is best found using a chart made from computer software
like Megastar. I used a photo of the cluster taken from the ESO b charts
--
Optional related URLs: