(IAAC) Obj: 4 Vulpeca - Inst: Orion 6" Dob

----

Observer: William L. Schart
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 7/2/99 12:01 am CDT
Location of site: Killeen, TX (Lat 31 N, Elev 600 ft)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 3 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing:  <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: Major - gibbous or near object
Instrument: Orion 6" Dob
Magnification: 32x, 98x
Filter(s): none
Object(s): 4 Vulpeca
Category: Multiple star.
Class:
Constellation: Vul
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Wide spaced double, Some trouble finding it, as the Coathanger asterism is so big,
it looses its distinctive shape in the eyepiece, even at low power.. Separation
51, PA 30 Both appeared blue when I was measuring them, but this may have been
a color-contrast with the red illumination of the reticle. I planned to go back
to a plain EP, however it clouded up.
--
Optional related URLs: