(IAAC) Obj: 4 Vulpeca - Inst: Orion 6" Dob

----

Observer: William L. Schart
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 7/2/99 12:01 am CDT
Location of site: Killeen, TX (Lat 31 N, Elev 600 ft)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 3 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing:  <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: Major - gibbous or near object
Instrument: Orion 6" Dob
Magnification: 32x, 98x
Filter(s): none
Object(s): 4 Vulpeca
Category: Multiple star.
Class:
Constellation: Vul
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Wide spaced double, Some trouble finding it, as the Coathanger asterism is so big,
it looses its distinctive shape in the eyepiece, even at low power.. Separation
51”, PA 30° Both appeared blue when I was measuring them, but this may have been
a color-contrast with the red illumination of the reticle. I planned to go back
to a plain EP, however it clouded up.
--
Optional related URLs: