(IAAC) Obj: Graffias (Beta Sco), Nu Sco - Inst: 4.5" f/8 equatorial reflector

Observer: Erhan Ozturk
Your skills: Beginner (< one year)
Date/time of observation: 2/July/1999  18:50-19:30 (UT)
Location of site: Ankara(Turkey) (Lat 40N, Elev 33E)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 4 <10-1 Seeing Scale (1 best)>
Moon presence: Major - gibbous or near object
Instrument: 4.5" f/8 equatorial reflector
Magnification: 36, 72(with Barlow)
Filter(s): None
Object(s): Graffias (Beta Sco), Nu Sco
Category: Multiple star.
Class: Double-Double
Constellation: Sco
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Beta Scorpi can be splitted by 36x but they seem very close. With 72x,it is
much easier to split and now colors are easier to see. The faint star is blue
and  the bright one seems white instead of yellow(as other people say). It is
said that, under high magnification, the yellow color will be more prominent.
--
Nu Scorpi is very easily split at 36x. Although it is a double-double like
Epsilon Lyr, I didn't try to split because I don't have enough magnification.