Constellation: Pup
Data: mag 10.8 14.24m*; size 74"x42"
Position: 074155.37 -181231.4
Sentinel Star Gaze 99 - Big Success
--
Well, after a couple of years having to deal with poor weather
for the Sentinel Star Gaze, this year decided to really show off.
A.J. Crayon and I made it out of Phoenix about 2:00 PM on
Friday, April 16.  This day also turns out to be my 50th birthday,
a fact which has yet to sink in completely.  I am, after all,
only 23 years old in my head.
--
We made it to the tiny Arizona town of Sentinel and a short
trip over the railroad tracks and down a dirt road to a big
flat spot in the desert.  Several other astronomers are showing
up at about the same time and by the time it gets dark we
have 8 scopes and fewer and fewer clouds...
--
Once it is good and dark, I can see that the seeing is even
pretty good to a dark southern horizon, so I decide to chase