Constellation: Pup
Data: mag 9.2m*; size 8x7
Position: 075220.8 -262628
Sentinel Star Gaze 99 - Big Success
--
As I put the 13 incher on NGC 2467, a nebula in Puppis, I
realize that it is a special night.  The seeing is excellent
and I am using 220X on an object that has a Declination of -26
degrees!  Realizing that the sky is clear and steady even a
small distance above the southern horizon, I spend some time
on 2467 and see lots of fine detail with the round, pretty
faint nebula.  There are several, thin, dark lanes within the
nebulosity and 9 stars involved.  At this point I decide to
rate the seeing as a 7/10 and the transparency at 8/10, as
good as Sentinel gets. [Yet more to come!]