(IAAC) NGC 7006; 220mm f/5 Newt

Observer: Paul Haworth
Your skill: Intermediate
Date and UT of observation: 1999 September 3/4
Location & latitude: N. London, UK
Site classification: Suburban - Urban
Limiting magnitude (visual): 5
Seeing (1 to 5 - best to worst): 3
Moon up (phase?): None
Instrument: 220mm f/5 Newt
Magnification: x88
Filters used: None
Object: NGC 7006
Category: Globular Cluster
Constellation: Delphinus
Object data:
RA / Dec:
is very small and quite faint - from a site such as this it is probably
easy to overlook.  It is circular, brighter at the centre, but I was unable
to resolve any of the stars in it.  (Not surprising as this is one of the
furthest globulars associated with our Galaxy known. At a distance of 185,
000 l.y. from Earth (comparable to the Magellanic clouds), it may in fact
be extra-galactic.)

Paul Haworth
18A Bittacy Hill
London