(IAAC) Obj: M39, Epsilon Lyrae, Delta Lyrae, M57(unsuccessful), the Coathanger, Deneb, NGC 7000 (North American Nebula) (unsuccessful) - Inst: 10x50 binoculars

----

Observer: Erhan A. Ozturk
Your skills: Beginner (< one year)
Date/time of observation: 29/8/1999 18:00-19:00
Location of site: Yesilburc/Nigde/Turkey (Lat 38, Elev 1500m)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 5.7 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 2 <10-1 Seeing Scale (1 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 10x50 binoculars
Magnification: x10
Filter(s): None
Object(s): M39, Epsilon Lyrae, Delta Lyrae, M57(unsuccessful),  the Coathanger, Deneb, NGC 7000 (North American Nebula) (unsuccessful)
Category: Open cluster. Planetary nebula. Multiple star.
Class:
Constellation: Cyg, Lyr, Vul
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
When I was a child, I often watched the Milky Way from my
grandparents backyard. I still do so.
The Milky Way is extremely obvious. It shows the importance of dark
skies for a deep sky observer. Because Milky Way is very obvious,
the contrasting Great Rift is also very easy to see. When looked
with binoculars, numerious stars can be seen.
M39: In a triangular or trapezoidal shape. The Milky Way is dense
in this region too. It is a good object for binoculars. I was able
to see about 15 stars but I was not sure if all these belong to the
group.
Epsilon Lyrae: With naked eye, I was not able to split it but with
binos, it is easily splitted.
Delta Lyrae: Splitted easily and seen some stars near Delta Lyrae.
M57: Between Beta and Gamma Lyrae, a few very faint stars are seen.
Maybe one of them is M57 but unfortunately, this observing session
was not a planned one so I haven't brought a detailed map with me.
The Coathanger: A very obvious and large open cluster. The shape
was obvious.
Deneb: Deneb is very bright but more striking is the region around
Deneb. When Deneb is center in the view, tens of stars can be seen.
A very dense region. NGC 7000 (North American Nebula) cannot be seen.

--
Optional related URLs: