(IAAC) Obj: M2 - Inst: 10x50 binoculars

----

Observer: Erhan Ozturk
Your skills: Beginner (< one year)
Date/time of observation: 16th Sept 1999 19:20(UT)
Location of site: Ankara/Turkey (Lat 40N, Elev 1000m)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4.2 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 4 <10-1 Seeing Scale (1 best)>
Moon presence: Minor - crescent or far from object
Instrument: 10x50 binoculars
Magnification: 10
Filter(s): None
Object(s): M2
Category: Globular cluster.
Class:
Constellation: Aqr
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
I found M2 by moving my binoculars from beta Aqr to north.It is seen as a
round cloud. It seems definitely non-stellar but it is not as obvious as
M22 or M5.
After observing a number of globular clusters, I conclude that differences
between different globular clusters can be detected with binoculars even
from cities.
--
Optional related URLs: