(IAAC) Obj: 19 Cygni - Inst: Orion 6" Dob

----

Observer: William L. SChart
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 10/2/99 10:38 pm CDT
Location of site: Killeen, TX (Lat 31d, Elev 600')
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 8 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Orion 6" Dob
Magnification: 32x, 48x, 72x, 98x
Filter(s): none
Object(s): 19 Cygni
Category: Multiple star.
Class:
Constellation: Cyg
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Unable to split at 32x, Barely split at 48x. More readily spit at 72x. The
primary difficulty lies in the great magnitude difference, rather than the
separation. The primary is yellow but the secondary is too faint to detect color.
It was also too faint to measure with my reticle eyepiece.

I did estimate the separation at about 50, PA about 80d.
--
Optional related URLs: