Constellation: Taurus
Data: mag ?  size 1.0 x 2.0
Position: RA 4:21m 56.4s  DEC +19:32' 03"
This is the third time this month I've attempted to observe this object with no
luck.  This time I almost had myself convinced I was seeing an evenly illuminated
diffuse glow around T Tauri with a slight brightening to the north and a small
darker area to the north east.  But I think it was actually a combination of
wishful thinking and glare from T Tauri combined with my astigmatism.  I did not
try any filters but have recently read where Jay Freeman observed this nebula
with a C-14 and Orion Ultrablock filter.  Has anyone else had any luck with NGC
1555?
--
Optional related URLs: http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/twyford/637/drawings.htm