(IAAC) Obj: Struve 589 - Inst: Orion 6" Dob

----

Observer: William L.Schart
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 1/4/99 9:58 pm CST
Location of site: Killeen, TX (Lat 31, Elev 820)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4.5 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Orion 6" Dob
Magnification: 32x, 48x, 72x, 98x
Filter(s): none
Object(s): Struve 589
Category: Multiple star.
Class:
Constellation: Ori
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Questions were raised about my observation of this pair on 12/26/99. I
went back and this time I feel that I have observed the correct
pair. Suspected splitting this at $*x, but definately split at 72x. PA
89d, the separation was just equal to one line width on my Celestron
micrometer eyepiece. However, nothing in the literature supplied with
this gives any information on correlating this to a measurement. Any
help out there?
--
Optional related URLs: