Constellation: cen
Data: mag 5.3  size 12min
Position: RA 113:36  DEC -61:37
Immediately stood out in binoculars so I turned my scope towards
it.. a dense, small open cluster similar to both NGC3293 (or IC2581,
not sure which is which.. Steve Coe reports it as NGC3293 in his
similar binocular observation) and the Jewel Box cluster, NGC4755
(near crux).  This cluster (3766) was only briefly viewed, but is
tight, bright and resolved...  between Eta Carina and
Crux. Interesting how NGC3293 and this cluster "frame" Eta. (This is
to the SE, 3293 to the NW) Previously reviewed large open cluster 3532
(large football shaped nebula) frames Eta Carine to the NE as
well. Very rich area of the sky.

Todd Gross
--
Optional related URLs: