(IAAC) Obj: NGC 663 - Inst: Astroscan 4,1" f440mm Widefield

----

Observer: Martin Baur
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 25.01.2000 20:00 MET
Location of site: clearing near Hofgeismar, Germany (Lat +51°, Elev 820ft)
Site classification: Exurban
Sky darkness: 5,5 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing:  <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Astroscan 4,1" f440mm Widefield
Magnification: 16x 21x
Filter(s):
Object(s): NGC 663
Category: Open cluster.
Class: III 2 m
Constellation: Cas
Data: mag 7,1  size 16'
Position: RA 01:46.1  DEC +61:15
NGC 663 is similar to NGC 457 a beautiful object in Cassiopeia. I would
describe it as bright, concentrated and quite large. Many brighter
and fainter stars were visible. On both sides of this cluster are fainter
companions, NGC 659 and NGC 654, which I were only able to see as small
and hazy clouds with averted vision.
--
Optional related URLs: