(IAAC) Obj: Collinder 91 - Inst: Astroscan 4,1" f440mm Widefield

----

Observer: Martin Baur
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 11.02.2000 22:00 MET
Location of site: clearing near Hofgeismar, Germany (Lat +51°, Elev 820ft)
Site classification: Exurban
Sky darkness: >5 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: good <I-V Seeing Scale (I best)>
Moon presence: Minor - crescent or far from object
Instrument: Astroscan 4,1" f440mm Widefield
Magnification: 16x 26x
Filter(s): None
Object(s): Collinder 91
Category: Open cluster.
Class: II 2 p
Constellation: Mon
Data: mag 6,4p  size 17'
Position: RA 06:21.7  DEC +02:21
Away from the already described clusters around NGC 2244 and NGC 2264 there
is another Collinder cluster at the border of Monoceros to Orion. I hopped
from NGC 2244 in south-eastern direction and found Cr 91 at a small triangle
of 7m stars. At the first moment I weren't able to glimpse a cluster, but
with averted vision I spotted a few stars glittering around one of the three
7m stars. I estimate the number to about 6 stars.
--
Optional related URLs: