Constellation: Mon
Data: mag 10.8  size 66"
Position: RA 07:41  DEC -14:44
Not visible without an OIII in my scope, putting in the filter imediately made
the nebula apparent. Round and featureless planetary at 98X and 203X.

I suspected a star embedded in the nebula although this is not the centraL star
as that is much too faint to be seen in my 8".

The stars of M46 are considerably dimmed by the OIII filter, making the nebula
easy to pick out of the cluster.

There is a sketch on this object on my homepage: URL mentioned below.
--
Optional related URLs: http://home.wxs.nl/~geldo006/home.html