Constellation: UMa
Data: mag 11.10; size 7.9' x 6.3'
Position: 08:19:06 +70:42:51
Holmberg II (again): Low surface brightness galaxy in UMa.
I bagged this one on my second try. This night it was almost obvious
at 82x. Best at 165x, it appeared as a ghostly haze just to the west
of a tiny triangle of 11-13th magnitude stars. The apparent portion
was football-shaped. I was able to detect a brighter region, perhaps
30% the size of the visible portion, near the three stars.