Constellation: Com
Data: mag 7.7 13.8m*; size 12.6 irregular
Position: 13:12:55 +18:10:12
I'm glad I looked at NGC 5053 first because it set the stage well.
It's been a few months since I last observed a good bright globular. I
suppose that was M15. Anyhow, here's what I wrote: "Beautiful!
Somewhat asymmetrical for a globular, with a tight core that is
resolved when the seeing is good. It is absolutely wondrous in my
4.8mm Nagler (425x), filling the field with myriad, tiny points of
light." [See previous log of N5053 and following log of N5466.]