Constellation: Boo
Data: mag 15.6, 15.5
Position: 14:22:58 +22:54:41
KUV 14207+2308: distant quasar in Boo
This seemed to be the farthest quasar in Boo that was bright enough to
observe relatively easily. At 7.8 billion light years, it would
clearly make for the distance record this night. The POSS DSS shows
this 15.6-magnitude quasar at one end of the small, 15.5-magnitude
interacting galaxy PGC 51374. My charts show it more at the center of
this galaxy. In any event, all I saw this night was the "hint of a
glimpse" of something in the vicinity. On other words, nothing. This
one might make a good challenge for larger instruments!