(IAAC) Obj: ngc 6210 - Inst: 40" f/5 dob

----

Observer: Mark G.Birkmann
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 6/7/2000, 7:30 UT (2:30 CDT)
Location of site: New Haven, Missouri (Lat ~38, Elev ~700 feet)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 3 or 4 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
Seeing: 5 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 40" f/5 dob
Magnification: 408x, 746x,
Filter(s): orion ultrablock
Object(s): ngc 6210
Category: Planetary nebula.
Class: 2+3b
Constellation: hercules
Data: mag 9.3(p), central star mag 12.6  size 16.2"
Position: RA 16h:44m 29.5s  DEC +23:48' 00"
I was struck by the very intense blue of this pn at all powers.  The best view
was probably at 408x since the central star was more readily vizible at this
power.  This pn did not appear to be round and may have had an irregular boarder
on two sides.  The seeing was not the best on this night, I'll definitely visit
this object again on a better night if I get the opportunity.  I tried the orion
ultrablock and the pn appeared to grow quite a bit in size.  However, this may
be due to the eyepiece fogging up.  This was a very hazy night with fog,
intermittent thin clouds, and very heavy dew.  There were puddles of water on
the floor of the observatory where it had dripped off the telescope.  Nights like
this in Missouri usually mean steady seeing but tonight was an exception to the
rule.
--
Optional related URLs: http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/twyford/637/drawings.htm