Constellation: Sct
Data: mag 5.8  size 14'.0
Position: RA 18:51  DEC -06:16
Conditions weren't too bad despite lunar interference tonight.

Striking object at 49X but the best views were at 203X. The most
obvious feature is a bright star near one of the edges of the
cluster. Numerous fainter stars were seen, and they seem to form
clusters of their own divided by dark lanes with considerably less
stars in them.

The dark lanes gave me the impression of a snake winding through a
dense starfield.

One of the best open clusters in the sky.

There is a sketch on this object on my homepage: URL mentioned below.
--
Optional related URLs: http://home.wxs.nl/~geldo006/home.html