Constellation: Lyr
Data: mag 8.8  size 70" x 150"
Position: RA 18:54  DEC +33:02
Seen at 49X and 98X both with and without an OIII filter although the filter
made it a much brighter nebula. Superb object at 203X with the OIII filter in
place.

Donut shaped nebula elongated about E-W. The ring structure is not the same
thickness in all places and there are areas along the N and S rim which show
brighter knots with the OIII. The central hole was much brighter with the filter
whereas it is almost dark without it.

The central star is much too faint to be seen with my 8".

There is a sketch on this object on my homepage: URL mentioned below.
--
Optional related URLs: http://home.wxs.nl/~geldo006/home.html