(IAAC) Obj: M1 Crab nebula - Inst: 10" f6.5 Donsonian

----

Observer: Paul J Henney
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 22.10.2000,  00:30UT
Location of site: Sheffield, England (Lat 53N, Elev 220M)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 6 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 10" f6.5 Donsonian
Magnification: 50x; 130x
Filter(s):  Orion LPR
Object(s): M1 Crab nebula
Category: Supernova remnant.
Class:
Constellation: Tau
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Although the object had just risen and lay in the most light polluted part of
 the sky I wanted to try out the efficacy of the LPR on a night with good transparency and seeing for this location.

Found the field in the 10x50 finder then switched over to the 35mm Ultrascopic with the LPR.
M1 showed up nicely, an  slightly irregular, elongated oval haze.
Moving up to the 12.5mm Plossel I was pleased to see more contrast than I normally get without the LPR.

Paul Henney
--
Optional related URLs: