Constellation: Sct
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Initially located (easily) in 12x50 binocs from star chart.  Star hopped to the
object without any difficulty.  "Stunningly beautiful open cluster" were my
exact words from my observation log.  Filled a full third of my 1-deg FOV.
Observed a definate delta shape with one bright red star near the point of
the "V".  Dark backward "L" shaped void on west side.  Another pair of dark
voids, reminiscent of a shoe print (with a "heel" and a "sole") off towards the
east side of the "V" with the "heel" embedded in the main body of the cluster
and the "sole" extending northwards out of the main body.  A very impressive
jewel of a cluster.
--
Optional related URLs: