Constellation: Orion
Data: mag 12.4 SB 11.35  size 37 arc seconds
Position: RA 6h:2m  DEC +9:39
Very bright! 9mm Nagler and OIII on Mu Ori and it popped right out. The amazing thing is, it is right on top of Mu Orionis, or very close to it! Easy to find, just look for Mu ORionis in finder and pop in HIGH power and OIII. Using averted vision, Abell 12 will be to the west of the star. I observed elongated structure much like a lenticular in shape. PA of 185 (approx. Will try an occulting bar next time for better detail. Reminds me of Beta And and NGC 404!!!
--
Optional related URLs: