(IAAC) Obj: NGC2994 - Inst: 8" Newtonian F5

----

Observer: Kim Gowney
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 26 Apr 2001   21:35 UT
Location of site: UK  South West Wales (Lat 51.78 N, Elev 70 Mtr)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 6 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: Minor - crescent or far from object
Instrument: 8" Newtonian  F5
Magnification: 100x 200x
Filter(s):
Object(s): NGC2994
Category: External galaxy.
Class: SO
Constellation: Leo
Data: mag 13.1  size 1.3'
Position: RA 09:47  DEC +22:05
Very faint, a neighbor of 2991: it also has the SO classification and
appears Eliptical. I was suspicious that I had blundered in my
previous comment on this (ngc2991) and rushed to remind myself of what
an SO galaxy actually looked like, of course it is the transition
stage of the two main spiral types to Eliptical!! Time to smack the
forehead and say DOH!!
--
Optional related URLs: