Constellation: Leo
Data: mag 12.4  size 1.9'
Position: RA 09:29  DEC +07:42
Lying at the NE corner of an irregular square of mag 10 stars, this almost edge
on spiral has some real suprises to offer, first it was low in the sky and
conditions far from perfect, yet despite this I recorded the galaxy as being
elongated roughly N/S with a size of approx 2 arc minutes, which considering it
size is 1.9 arc minutes really surprised me, it's not often you get to see the
whole thing! this was visible with AV only of course, but the Stellar nucleus
looked to be about mag 13 and was easy to look right at it, I would recomend
this one as worthy of a visit again!

--
Optional related URLs: