(IAAC) OBJECT: M25 (open cluster) INST: 8" f/10 SCT

Observer:  Todd Gross
Your skill:  Intermediate+ - Many years
Date and UT of observation: 06/28/01 06:00 UT
Location & latitude: 22 mi. West of Boston, Ma. 42.3N
Site classification: Suburban
Limiting magnitude (visual): approx. 4.7 zenith, 4.1 vic.object
Seeing (1 to 10 - worst-best): approx. 4
Moon up (phase?): setting
Weather: Mostly clear
Instrument: 8" sct f/10
Magnifications: 68x , 145x
Filters used: None
Object: m25
Constellation: Sgr
Object data: OC
Size(s): 32'
Position: 18:32 -19:15
Magnitude: 4.6
Personal "rating" this aperture: B+

This is a great open cluster, with an asterism
in the center.  I felt I had just a little bit
too much magnification on it, as it is a large cluster,
but then again, that brought out the central asterism.
The asterism consists of about 7 stars forming
a little geodisic dome,or igloo-with-an-entrance look.
(Or a turtle, or a volkwagon beetle for that matter.)
Surrounding the little asterism is a variety of yellowish
brighter stars, and dimmer ones. Not terribly rich at
these magnifications.

To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: