Constellation: sco
Data: mag 5.9  size 26.3'
Position: RA 16:23.35  DEC 26:31.44
Being in the middle of rainy season here in Florida, this was a suprise to see tonight.  It was sitting very well tonight in my southern sky, close to mars.  I was tired of straining to see mars so I started scanning the sky around there and stumbled upon a hazy area.  It turned out to me M4.  I could almost make out 3 different distinct light sources coming from it, but could not get close enough and keep good light to see it well.  It was spread out, I would say with my little experience in stargazing that M4 is the largest Globular cluster I have been able to find so far, and it was by accident :)
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: