Observation Poster: William L. Schart <wschart@hot.rr.com>

Observer: William L. Schart
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 8/11/01 9:49 pm CDT
Location of site: Killeen, TX (Lat 31 07, Elev 600 ft)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Celestar 8" SCT, fork mount
Magnification: 58x, 80x, 120x, 170x, 203x
Filter(s): none
Object(s): M57 Ring Nebula
Category: Planetary nebula.
Class:
Constellation: Lyr
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Even at low power, the ring structure was appearant, and increasing the power makes it even more noticable. At high power, there were many dim stars visible surrounding this, however, try as I might, I could not make out the central star. The filter did increase the contrast, but did little to bring out any additional details.
--
Optional related URLs: home.hot.rr.com/wschart
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: