Constellation: Cas
Data: mag 6.4  size
Position: RA :  DEC :
At 22x, it gave me the impression of a drawing of a person my kids used to draw
when they were younger with body, hands and legs made out of lines only.
Although the shape of the head is not seen, the “eyes” are the most striking
feature, which gives the impression of being cross-eye: the 5th magnitude 34
Phi Cassiopeiae being a much brighter eye than the 7th magnitude SAO
22187 “eye”.  Its arms are stretched out to the side at a 45 degree angle above
its shoulder.  Still very prominent feature at 30x.  Lost its effect at 60x.
After the session, I later checked its description and saw its name.  However,
I can’t say that I saw any Owl!  Favorite!

Later, I found out that this cluster is also called the "ET Cluster".  Well,
it's closer but I can't say I saw ET either!

--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: