Constellation: Peg
Data: mag 6.4  size 12'
Position: RA :  DEC :
No resolution at 30x.  Hint of salt&pepper at 60x, especially with averted vision.  Definite salt&pepper at 110x with approx. 5 stars around a circular haze.  Many stars started to resolve with averted vision at 146x.  Best view at 176x, many, many stars resolved with averted vision.  Seemed almost completely resolved at 220x except for the very central core.  Very bright view at all magnification so far.  Still very bright with many more stars seen but the very central core still a haze.

Afterward, I checked my research and found that Mallas, using his 4" Unitron  refractor saw a few stars in its glow.  Umm, what if Mallas had a TV-102?
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: