Constellation: Cas
Data: mag   size
Position: RA 01:19  DEC +58:20
Variously known as the Owl cluster, the Katchina Doll cluster, or the ET cluster. To tell the truth, it doesn’t look like any of these to me. The main group of stars is immediately off of phi Cas (not a member). This is somewhat heart shaped. In the middle of this there are 2 groups of stars which do somewhat resemble a pair of eyes. Extending off to the west is a T-shaped extension, 3 stars in the verticle part and 3 in the cross bar. There is also an arc of stars to the N, 3 bright ones and some fainter ones, and another chain off to the SE. In total I make about 50 stars.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: