Constellation: Com
Data: mag 7.6  size 12.6'
Position: RA 16:23.6  DEC -26:32
Dense and relatively bright globular cluster. At 40x I couldn't see
any details, 100x begins to reveal grainy texture even with direct
vision. Averted vision showed me five individual stars in the northern
part of the cluster after certain time. Cluster seemed round with
central brightening toward its small core. Field of view is not rich,
but west of the cluster there are two brighter stars. Sketch is
available at the mentioned URL.
--
Optional related URLs: http://www.geocities.com/natkobajic
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: