Constellation: Sco
Data: mag 7.2  size 8.9'
Position: RA 16:17.0  DEC -22:59
Small (for its brightness) and very dense globular near M 4. I was
unable to resolve it at any magnification. At 100x I could detect some
grainy texture, but that is hard to say because of its very high
surface brightness. It shows central brightening. Several arcminutes
from it is a very bright star. In 100x field of view there were much
more stars than in nearby M 4's. Sketch is available at the URL below.
--
Optional related URLs: http://www.geocities.com/natkobajic
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: