Observation Poster: Barry Sharpe <barry.sharpe@btinternet.com>

Observer: Barry Sharpe
Your skills: Beginner (< one year)
Date/time of observation: 29th december 2001 22:12UT
Location of site: Welwyn Garden City (Lat 53:27:00, Elev 02:31:00)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 5 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: Great - full or very near object
Instrument: 10" F4.8 Equatorial Mount GP/DX
Magnification: 25mm
Filter(s): None
Object(s): Delta Ori
Category: Other.
Class: Star
Constellation: Orion
Data: mag 2.23  size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Delta Ori Is easily split with my 25mm eyepiece, Fainter companion seems to be
the same colour as parent although it may be in the cooler end of the spectrum.
In my FOV i can make out 10 stars at almost the same mag as companion star.
Delta Ori is very blue and ranks itself as my first double that i have split.

--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: