Observation Poster: Barry Sharpe <barry.sharpe@btinternet.com>

Observer: Barry Sharpe
Your skills: Beginner (< one year)
Date/time of observation: 29th December 2001 22:12UT
Location of site: Welwyn Garden City (Lat 53:27:00, Elev 02:31:00)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 5 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: Great - full or very near object
Instrument: 10" F4.8 Equatorial Mount GP/DX
Magnification: 25mm
Filter(s): None
Object(s): Zeta Ori
Category: Other.
Class: Star
Constellation: Orion
Data: mag 2.05h  size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Zeta Ori seem,s to have a pure white colour, i can split this with my 25mm the
companion seems very close indeed but does seem to be the same colour. In my FOV
i can see a further 9 stars they seem to be the a little brighter than the
companion. The companion star is right on the edge of my vision i need to
concentrate hard to notice it. The fact that i have managed to split Delta Ori
and Zeta Ori but not Epsilon Ori is this down to distance?
Delta Ori = 916LY, Epsilon Ori = 1342LY, Zeta Ori 817LY, Looking at the
distances it may well be possible. Of course it may just be how close they are
but that in some part must also have something to do with distance as my angles
must get smaller over distance.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: