Constellation: Mon
Data: mag   size
Position: RA 06:41  DEC 09:54
Since there were a lot of other stars visible in the low power FOV of my last observation, I thought it looked like a cluster. Engaging the "identify" function on the DSC brought forth NGC2264, aka the Christmas Tree cluster or the Cone nebula. in this view, there was no coniferous appearance, however I pulled out my seldom used wide-field 35mm EP, and here the true nature was revealed. The tree is upside down, with our pair located at the spot where the branches first sprout out of the trunk. No evidence of nebulousity was visible.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: