Constellation: Ursa Major
Data: mag 17.1, 17.4  size sep. 6"
Position: RA 10h:01m20.8s  DEC +55:53'54"
With a 13mm nagler we suspected a slight elongation and with a 9mm
Nagler we could see a definite gap in between the two components. Each
component was very slightly fuzzy, appearing non-stellar when compared
to nearby stars.  We tried this object last year under what we thought
were better conditions but were not successful at obtaining a clean
split, or even an elongation. But on this night with hazy, milky skies
(Jupiter had a faint glow around it) and high thin clouds passing over
from time to time, we succeeded in viewing both components.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: