Constellation: Uma
Data: mag 2  size
Position: RA :  DEC :
This Binary System is perhaps one of my favorite targets to show people who are new to astronomy and most often the first target to show people who have never looked through a telescope.  It is easy to find in the handle of the Big Dipper and usually amazes peope when they see the two bright wide double stars Mizar and Alcor with the tiny mag. 4 "B" component of Mizar hovering close to Mizar "A" with a seperation of 14".

On this night the sky was pretty stable and my two new astronomers with me were "amazed" as usaul.

--
Optional related URLs: http://community-2.webtv.net/Timetrav2/TIMETRAVELERS/
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: