Observation Poster: Yenal Ogmen <yenalogmen@yahoo.com>

Observer: Yenal Ogmen
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: August 8, 2002  18:15-18:27 UTC
Location of site: Lefkoniko, North Cyprus (Lat 35.258, Elev 0)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 8 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Meade ETX125
Magnification: 72X
Filter(s): None
Object(s): M39
Category: Open cluster.
Class:
Constellation: Cygnus
Data: mag 4.6  size 31'
Position: RA 21:32  DEC 48:27
Cluster can easily be distinguished from the background stars. It just
fits in eyepiece at 72X. Stars are loosely seperated. There is no
concentration of stars but it can be said that stars are grouped
roughly in triangular shape. I counted approximately 20 stars at
72X. I couldn’t see any star with distinguishable different
colour. All stars were whitish. There was no specific bright star,
most of the stars’ brightness were close to each other.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: