Observation Poster: Gary A. Weston <peepsquack@hotmail.com>

Observer: Gary A. Weston
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 8/10/02 10:15pm EST
Location of site: Stellafane - Springfield Vt. (Lat , Elev )
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 7 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
Seeing: 8 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 10" F/10 SCT (Meade LX200)
Magnification: 71.4x, 78.1x, 96.15x, 131.6x (+2x barlow)
Filter(s):
Object(s): NGC 7789
Category: Open cluster.
Class: Trumpler Class: 22r-
Constellation: Cas
Data: mag 7.50   size 25.0'
Position: RA 23:57  DEC 56:43
Distance:  6.2E+0003 light years
Age: 1.58e9

I can only compare this to "Salt and Pepper". At least thats what came to mind when I saw the cluster. The stars aren't overly bright, but well resolvable, small and similar to grains of salt.  The black of space in between brought out the individual stars. It was somewhat clumpy in appearance. Using a bit of imagination, I could imagine a rose-like shape. I couldn't determine the lowest magnitude star visible.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: