Observation Poster: William L. Schart <wschart@hot.rr.com>

Observer: William L. Schart
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 9/26/02 9:32  PM CDT
Location of site: Killeen, TX (Lat 31 07, Elev 600 ft)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Celestron 8" SCT, fork mount
Magnification: 78x, 120x, 203x
Filter(s):
Object(s): STF 2443
Category: Multiple star.
Class:
Constellation: Aqi
Data: mag 8.6-9.0  size 6.8"
Position: RA 19:04  DEC -14:47
A fairly dim pair but still easily seen and split at low power. They are on the blue side. Forms a right triangle with 2 other stars. I am  not sure, but I tentatively identify these as Tycho 2565791 and Tycho 2567081. Our target is the vertex of this triangle and I estimated its PA at about 300 degrees.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: