Constellation: And
Data: mag 7  size .5
Position: RA :  DEC :
Thanks to some advice I got in an email(thanks Fiske), I was able to locate the
position of the Snowball immediately in the binocs.  I had trouble locating this
before because of its high position in the sky. At 59x, it clearly showed itself
as a small powdery blue disc without any detail. At 157x it appeared to have a
slight darkening in the center.  Maybe an illusion, I'm not sure. The darkening
in the center didnt hold.  It came and went with averted vision.  Maybe I was
holding my breath....(a joke) I detected a slight brightening along the bottom
south to south east border.  I tried 314x, but the seeing was awful and I could
not detect anything.  The seeing is awful tonight.  I'd like to check this one
out on a night of good seeing for sure.  The moonshine was hitting inside my
tube, which didnt help matters. I tried the OIII filter, but it didnt seem to
make a difference.
Dark Skies,
Paul
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: