Constellation: UMA
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Wow,
Nice!!!  BTW....as I enter this observation, I am eating a nice bowl of leftover turkey, broccoli rice casserole, and green bean  casserole......mmmm...turkey day.....anyway.....M81 was  bright and obvious, but I couldnt get any detail other than its bright core and surrounding nebulas appereance....was very nice.  M81 was awesome!!  Clearly an edge on galaxy that fit in the same FOV with M81 at 59X. At 118x, M81 even looked better!! Beautiful galaxy. It was standing on end.....very narrow  east and west.....and quite long in the north and south direction.  I didnt notice any dust lanes or anything, but I was getting cold and this was my last observation for the night. At this time of the morning.....the big dipper was just rising.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: