Constellation: UMA
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
This was hard to find without the OIII filter!!!  I hunted for some time only
to give in to putting on the OIII filter.  Once the OIII was in place, the
Owl nebula jumped into view easily, and it was quite large. I located it at
59x, then jumped to 118x, and then to 157x.  At 157x, I was trying to make out
the eyes, but the best I could to was make out some faint regions within the
nebula with averted vision, but it wasnt enough to look like eyes. This is
definitely worth a visit.  Next time I hope I can better make out the eyes.
Having dark skies would never hurt.......
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: